- » Services
- » In Patient Care
- » Home Care
- » Day Care
- » Support Groups
- » Education
- » Children/Young Person's Support Service
- » 24 Hour Telephone Advice
- » Compassionate Communities
In patient care Service
Foyle Hospice's In Patient Unit is a purpose built facility situated in beautifully landscaped gardens on the banks of the River Foyle. It can accommodate 10 patients, some in single rooms and others in shared rooms, all with en-suite facilities. In addition to the patients’ bedrooms the unit includes, a Jacuzzi bathroom, easily accessible toilets, multiple sitting areas, a sun room, an interdenominational prayer room, self-contained apartments and visitors’ kitchen and sitting room.
Who is this service available to?
The services of Foyle Hospice Inpatient Unit are available to patients with cancer and other life-limiting conditions (e.g. Motor Neurone Disease, Parkinsons, Multiple Sclerosis, COPD)
How do I access this service?
Referral to the In Patient Unit is made through:
- The Patient’s General Practitioner (GP)
- The Hospital Consultant/Palliative Care Team
- Foyle Hospice Specialist Home Care Team
- Foyle Hospice Day Care Team
Why would I be referred for In Patient Care?
Patients are admitted to the In Patient Unit based on an overall assessment of their individual needs (i.e. medical needs, social circumstances, respite care support required, etc). There are a number of reasons why people may be admitted to Foyle Hospice In Patient Unit. These include:-
- Pain and symptom control
- Specialised care in the final stages of a person’s illness
- Respite care for the patient /family/carer.
For more information contact the In Patient Unit on
(028) 71 351 010 or by email email@example.com.
Alternatively email Yvonne Martin, Directorof Nursing at